Once you have found your perfect hair replacement piece, learning how to properly attach and remove it will help you look and feel your best. Whether you have a stock or custom hairpiece, we’re here to teach you the best bonding methods.
Glue vs. Tape: The Best Toupee Adhesives
The two types of adhesives you can use to hold your toupee in place are glue and tape, but keep in mind that some adhesives are stronger than others. For example, semi-permanent glues like the Hollywood Lace Extreme Hold can last between 4-6 weeks with proper care. These adhesives are excellent for long-term wear and are very secure.
A more temporary adhesive is a double-sided tape, such as the Hollywood Lace daily tapes, which are excellent for both daily toupee wear and as part of a semi-permanent attachment method. How to Use Toupee Adhesives
You can easily attach your hairpiece in a few simple steps.
- First, clean your scalp for a durable bond.
- Apply scalp protector to protect your own hair.
- Apply a thin, even layer of adhesive to the scalp OR cut the adhesive tape into shorter pieces and apply, pressing firmly.
- Spray a light mist of alcohol on top of the scalp to
- Position the toupee, carefully applying it to the scalp from front to back.
- Apply pressure until the toupee is secure.
- Style as preferred.
How to Attach a Toupee With Clips
For extra hold, fasten metal clips to the underside of the toupee and clip them into your own hair. Toupee clips are very secure to use and easy to remove, just like temporary adhesive tapes. Clips are also gentler on your own hair than adhesives.High-quality hair replacement for men can be comfortable and easy to wear, and proper attachment and removal will keep your toupee looking healthy and natural. Contact Hollywood Lace for more information.